Steelers release former Pitt LB Brandon Lindsey
PITTSBURGH (AP) — The Pittsburgh Steelers have waived former Pitt linebacker Brandon Lindsey and signed former LSU linebacker Ryan Baker.
Lindsey signed with the Steelers as an undrafted free agent after a stellar career with the Panthers, where he was named second-team All-Big East following his junior season in 2010 after leading the league in sacks.
Baker was a second-team All-SEC selection following his senior year at LSU last fall. He had 58 tackles and 1.5 sacks last season for the Tigers.
The 5-foot-11, 232-pound Baker is considered a longshot to make the team. The Steelers have plenty of depth at linebacker after drafting former Miami (Fla.) linebacker Sean Spence in the third round of the NFL Draft in April.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 13567Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 12400Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims