Stephanie Kuzydym joins The Oklahoman's staff as new OU football reporter
Stephanie Kuzydym grew up spending her entire week around sports. She played tennis during the week and followed high school football on Friday nights, college football on Saturdays and NASCAR on Sundays.
Now she has joined The Oklahoman to cover Sooner football after previous reporting positions as an intern with the South Bend (Ind.) Tribune, Orlando Sentinel and USA TODAY.
This spring, Kuzydym graduated from Indiana University with a degree in journalism. As a Hoosier, she covered IU Athletics as a reporter and photographer for the Indiana Daily Student, deemed one of the nation's top collegiate newspapers. She has covered the men's and women's NCAA Final Fours and the inaugural Big Ten Championship game.
Her story on what it's like to be a coach's wife, in which she interviewed former OU offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson's wife Angie, earned fifth place in the Hearst Sports Writing Competition, collegiate journalism's version of the Pulitzer Prize.
“Our readers will appreciate Stephanie's eye for good stories and her passion for storytelling,” said sports editor Mike Sherman. “Her hard work and dedication to readers make her a great addition to our staff.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 20415Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7078Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6616OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5593Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4449Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4211Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater