Steve Davis made a name for himself as a college football analyst, sideline reporter
Davis worked for 18 years as network broadcaster
Videoview all videos
Mar 19Oklahoma AD Joe Castiglione talks about his time with Davis.
Mar 18OU Sooner legend Steve Davis has been killed in an...
Photoview all 75 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“I never got comfortable on the sidelines,” Davis told The Oklahoman in 1982. “It's the worst seat in the stadium. The problem is when you get a story down there, it needs to be presented immediately. You're at the mercy of the producers.”
In 1982, Davis also began a stint as host of “The Barry Switzer Show.”
Family and business obligations forced Davis to retire from sportscasting, although he made a return in 1996 as a midseason replacement for Eric Dickerson on FSN's Big 12 telecasts.
“I was having the time of my life watching my son play,” Davis said of Bo Davis, then a Jenks High School quarterback.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say