Hey, has she had her shoe fixed?
Brazilian top scorer Alexandra Nascimento, like several other handball players at the London Olympics, wears a huge piece of tape on the side of her shoe. However, it's not damaged gear that had to be repaired. The double-sided tape has resin on it, and Nascimento regularly touches her shoe to make her hand more sticky for better ball control.
The technique has helped Nascimento become the tournament's leading scorer with 37 goals but could not prevent Brazil from crashing out in the quarterfinals against defending champion Norway on Tuesday.
— Eric Willemsen — Twitter http://twitter.com/eWilmedia
EDITOR'S NOTE — "Eyes on London" shows you the Olympics through the eyes of Associated Press journalists across the 2012 Olympic city and around the world. Follow them on Twitter where available with the handles listed after each item.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 31040Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15616Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10323Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9726Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9655Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8284Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8255Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena