Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
"We've got to get some things polished up," Stoops said Monday during the weekly Big 12 teleconference. "But in the end it's a totally different style of offense compared to what we were dealing with last week. We worked in coverages we don't play all year because of all the triple option they're doing. "Offensively it's a whole different animal, how you play them, the coverages you use. We still have to make some improvements. In some places where we had opportunities to make plays we have to make them." The top priority is the secondary. Utah State quarterback Diondre Borel was an underrated, slippery veteran who produced several big pass plays. But FSU quarterback Christian Ponder is a Heisman candidate. "We had guys in position that were there," Stoops said. "They'd lose track of the football, turn their back on the quarterback and can't make a play. Those kind of things should be natural. And it's guys I've seen do it before. I have confidence they'll be able to do it." Sophomore quarterback Landry Jones had some success early but Stoops, offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson and Jones himself said his play was inconsistent.
Stoops: Many areas need to be addressed before Florida State game
The sobering reality for the Oklahoma Sooners is Florida State will be much more athletic than Utah State.After posting a closer-than-expected 31-24 win over Utah State, OU coach Bob Stoops said there are many areas that need to be addressed before the Sooners face the nationally ranked Seminoles Saturday in Norman.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13429Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 13120OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10230Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 8771Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7569Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5530Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5367Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?