Stopping the flu in schools
AT A GLANCE
HOW TO STOP FLU IN SCHOOLS
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends students, staff and parents take these steps to help prevent the spread of flu in schools.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
• Everyone who is able should get the flu shot or the flu spray.
• Administrators should consider allowing public health officials to offer a vaccination clinic at the school.
• Take steps to stop the spread of germs, such as covering coughs and sneezes.
• Hand-washing should be common and expected. Teach students to wash for at least 20 seconds. Provide enough time and supplies for hand washing.
• Keep schools clean.
• Sick people should stay home. Adjust school policies that make it difficult for students and staff to miss time while ill.
• Teach everyone the signs and symptoms of the flu.
• Segregate ill students and staff until they are able to go home.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11235Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 11138Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5575Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 5081Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4332OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4278Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4021How to help tornado victims