Stopping the flu in schools
AT A GLANCE
HOW TO STOP FLU IN SCHOOLS
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends students, staff and parents take these steps to help prevent the spread of flu in schools.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
• Everyone who is able should get the flu shot or the flu spray.
• Administrators should consider allowing public health officials to offer a vaccination clinic at the school.
• Take steps to stop the spread of germs, such as covering coughs and sneezes.
• Hand-washing should be common and expected. Teach students to wash for at least 20 seconds. Provide enough time and supplies for hand washing.
• Keep schools clean.
• Sick people should stay home. Adjust school policies that make it difficult for students and staff to miss time while ill.
• Teach everyone the signs and symptoms of the flu.
• Segregate ill students and staff until they are able to go home.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad