"This hair wasn't real, these eyebrows weren't real," she said. "It's important to remember burns take a long time to heal."
During the telecast, she thanked everyone from the Trauma and Burn Center at Westchester Medical Center who treated her. Her husband, NBC sportscaster Dan Hicks, rearranged his schedule to stay home during her recovery.
Storm has received bunches of calls, texts, emails, tweets and other supportive messages. Tennis star Mardy Fish, ESPN colleagues Dick Vitale and John Kruk, and the Rev. John Jenkins, president of her alma mater Notre Dame, were among those reaching out to the popular broadcaster and producer.
Storm will wait to see when she rejoins "SportsCenter" in Bristol, Conn. She hoped to anchor Sunday, but wants to see how she feels this week.
In the meantime, Storm plans to turn her ordeal into an opportunity to talk about how to safely operate propane gas grills.
Storm was injured when she tried to re-ignite the grill after the flame had gone out. She shut off the gas and when she turned it back on "there was an explosion and this wall of fire came at me in an instant."
Storm said two people she worked with Tuesday said they'd been burned in similar accidents.
"A lot of people are afraid of grills," she said. "I think this will be a good chance to talk about safety."