Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Driscollâ€™s Strawberry CrÃ¨meâ€™ Bruleeâ€™12 Driscollâ€™s Strawberries, hulled 2 cups half and half 6 egg yolks 1/3 cups plus Â¼ cup sugar, divided 1 tsp vanilla extract 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. 2. Heat half and half in microwave or a small saucepan until warm to the touch, 2-3 minutes. 3. Beat egg yolks, 1/3 cup sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl or 4-cup measuring cup with pouring spout. Whisk in warm cream. 4. Place 6 custard or souffleâ€™ cups in a 12x9 inch baking pan. 5. Pour egg mixture evenly into dishes. 6. Pour very hot water carefully around dishes to about halfway up sides. 7. Bake 35-45 minutes or until center feels set to the touch. (Check at 30 minutes, custards may bake quicker depending on temperature of half and half and water bath.) Carefully remove cups from water and cool. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours. 8. To serve, slice strawberries and arrange 2 on each custard (this can be done agead and refrigerated until ready to serce). Just before serving, hear remaining Â¼ cup sugar in a small heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, tilting pan to melt evenly as sugar liquefies. Once sugar is melted, reduce heat to low and cook until very liquid and golden-brown. Quickly drizzle 1 to 2 teaspoons sugar mixture strawberries on top of custards. Serve immediately. Lighten up tip 9. Lighten up the recipe by replacing half-and-half with 2% milk. No-Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake (from the Kitchen.com) serves 8 2 pounds fresh strawberries, washed 3 1/4 cups whipping cream, divided 1/3 cup confectioners sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla 1/2 teaspoon rosewater (optional) 4 sleeves (about 19 ounces, or 24 to 28 whole crackers) graham crackers 2 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped Take out a few of the best-looking strawberries and set them aside for the garnish.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 27538Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15649Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10393Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9809Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9381Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8402Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8325Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena