1. You’ve just spent a year deciding on things like the perfect dress to the napkin fold – give yourself a break and don’t overplan your honeymoon. Wait to book excursions like snorkeling or a helicopter ride for when you get there.
2. Factor in “door-to-door” travel time. It may be a five-hour flight, but total travel time could be almost double that amount. If you only have a week, choose a closer location so you’re not spending a chunk of your honeymoon in transit.
3. Look beautiful in your pictures. It’s a gorgeous sunset picture of the two of you, but your face is so shiny it’s almost reflective. Always bring powder, waterproof mascara and a little lip gloss – now post those pics on Facebook!
4. Stay away from organized tours – there’s nothing romantic about being with 30 people on a bus. Splurge on a personal guide or driver to take you around and get a local’s perspective of where the best beaches and spots (hint: no tourists) are.
5. Find out the peak times of the places you want to go to – beach, Machu Picchu, museum – and avoid at all costs. General rule is if you go first thing in the morning or after 4 p.m. you’ll have the place to yourself.
© CTW Features
Cut pounds of stomach fat every week by using this 1 weird old tip.