Striker probed by police for alleged racist tweet
EDINBURGH, Scotland (AP) — Police say they are investigating allegations that Scotland striker Leigh Griffiths posted a racist comment in an angry exchange on Twitter.
The 22-year-old Griffiths, who plays for Hibernian in the Scottish Premier League, has apologized to a fellow user.
Lothian and Borders Police say "we have been made aware of this matter, and we are carrying out initial enquiries."
Griffiths is on loan at Hibs from second-tier English team Wolverhampton Wanderers. Both clubs have condemned Griffiths for his tweet and say he will be subject to disciplinary action.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in