Strother volunteer firefighter dies after firehouse fight
Dale Patterson, a 56-year-old volunteer firefighter for the Strother Fire Department in Seminole County, died Thursday after getting into a fight with a fellow volunteer firefighter, the fire chief said.
SEMINOLE — The last words written on Dale Patterson's Facebook page speak of unforeseen hardships testing a man's faith.
NewsOK Related Articles
“When the Lord sees our attention is drifting away from him, He might use hardships to draw us back so that we'll give Him His proper place,” he wrote last week.
Patterson, a 56-year-old volunteer firefighter for the Strother Fire Department in Seminole County, died Thursday after getting into a fight with a fellow volunteer firefighter.
Now, Fire Chief Nicholas Nadeau said he and his crew are feeling that test of faith.
“We are a very tight knit family,” Nadeau said. “Dale was a God-fearing Christian. I think he would tell us to pick our heads up and move on.”
According to the Seminole Producer, Nadeau said Patterson and another firefighter were fighting in the fire station when Patterson's head struck a hard surface.
He was taken to Seminole County Medical Center and then by helicopter to OU Medical Center, where he died.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 23122Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10571Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6943OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5977OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5278Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5014Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3834Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater