Struggling Ms starter Hernandez will get extra day
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — The Seattle Mariners will give struggling starter Felix Hernandez an extra day of rest before his next start.
Manager Eric Wedge said Friday, a day after Hernandez lost his third consecutive start, that the 2010 AL Cy Young winner will be pushed back to Wednesday against Baltimore.
Hernandez (13-8) has a 9.00 ERA his last three starts, and allowed 21 hits the last two. He allowed seven runs and 10 hits over four innings in Seattle's 8-3 loss at Toronto on Thursday night.
Wedge says Hernandez still has good velocity and is as good of shape as he's ever been. The manager says it's just a matter of executing pitches.
The Mariners aren't sure when right-hander Kevin Millwood will pitch next after leaving his start Wednesday with shoulder stiffness.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in