Stuckey helps Pistons beat Bobcats 85-80
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) — Rodney Stuckey scored 16 points to lead the Detroit Pistons to an 85-80 preseason win over the Charlotte Bobcats on Saturday night.
Brandon Knight added 15 points for Detroit, and Greg Monroe had 15 points and seven rebounds.
Kemba Walker scored 15 and Tyrus Thomas had 14 points and 16 rebounds for the Bobcats.
After trailing by as many as 19, Charlotte crawled all the way back and took the lead on a 3-pointer by former Piston Ben Gordon with 3:06 left. But Stuckey had a key 3-pointer late in the game and Knight made three foul shots in the final seconds to seal it for the Pistons.
Gordon made his first appearance in Detroit since being traded to the Bobcats in June for Corey Maggette. Gordon scored 13 points on 4-of-15 shooting, while Maggette sat out with a left calf strain and is day to day.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 72931Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14541Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8647Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7401How to help tornado victims
- 6540Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6504Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6358Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims