Student hurt in school bus accident in Oklahoma City
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — At least one student was hurt when a school bus collided with another vehicle in northwest Oklahoma City.
Putnam City Schools spokesman Steve Lindley says a school bus had about 25 Putnam City North students on board when the accident occurred near Hefner Road and Rockwell Avenue Thursday afternoon.
Oklahoma City police Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow says there was a report of one student who complained of an injury and an ambulance was called, but Wardlow said it didn't appear to be a serious injury.
Wardlow said the bus collided with another vehicle, but no details on the accident were immediately available.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 21842Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 19892Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims