Study: Lost sleep can lead to immediate weight gain
If you’re interested in losing weight, a new study suggests that getting plenty of sleep is one way to keep the pounds off.
According to the study, losing just a few hours of sleep a few nights in a row can lead to almost immediate weight gain.
The New York Times reports that researchers notably found that staying up late and getting just five hours of sleep increased a person’s metabolism.
But even though we burn more calories when we stay awake, losing sleep is not a good way to shed weight, according to The New York Times.
Read the rest of this post on the original site »
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 79875Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16375OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12357Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12103Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12064Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 10249Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9002How to help tornado victims