'Stuff the Bus' in Norman aids military families
Cleveland Area Rapid Transit, in partnership with Operation Homefront Oklahoma, staged a “Stuff the Bus” event in Norman to collect donations for military families.
NORMAN — Cleveland Area Rapid Transit, also known as CART, collected donations for Oklahoma military families in a “Stuff the Bus” event at the city's two Walmart stores.
The Thursday event was an initiative of CART and other transit systems across the state held to support Operation Homefront Oklahoma.
Operation Homefront Oklahoma is a nonprofit organization based in Lawton that provides emergency financial help and other assistance to military families.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13758Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9630Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9095Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8238Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6533Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6005Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5369Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister