Su-wei beats Robson in 3 sets to win in Guangzhou
GUANGZHOU, China (AP) — Hsieh Su-wei of Taiwan scored beat Laura Robson of Britain 6-3, 5-7, 6-4 Saturday to win the Guangzhou Open.
Robson had nine aces but was let down by her serve, offering 22 break opportunities to Hsieh and hitting 11 double faults. Hsieh, who made the third round at Wimbledon this year and is ranked 53rd, broke six times and dropped serve on five occasions in the match.
The 18-year-old Robson became the first British woman in 22 years to make a WTA final. She made the last 16 of the US Open and won a mixed doubles silver at the London Olympics with U.S. Open champion Andy Murray.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 81708Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16515OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12409Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12217Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12064Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 10403Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9163How to help tornado victims