Summary Box: Oracle 4Q results top estimates
THE RESULTS: Oracle Corp. earned $3.45 billion, or 69 cents per share, in its fiscal fourth quarter, up 8 percent from last year, as revenue grew 1 percent to $10.9 billion. Adjusted results surpassed analyst expectations.
KEY DIVISION: Oracle posted a 7 percent gain in its sales of new software licenses. That indicated there is still strong demand for technology that helps businesses automate their administrative tasks.
BIG SPENDER: The business software maker authorized an additional $10 billion share repurchase program, after spending about $6 billion buying back stock in its past fiscal year.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims