Summary Box: WebMD to cut 250 jobs
THE CUTS: Health website operator WebMD Health Corp. said Tuesday it plans to cut about 14 percent of its workforce as part of a push to reduce costs. The cuts amount to about 250 positions for the New York company, which expects to reduce annual operating expenses by about $45 million.
TAKING A CHARGE: WebMD will record a pre-tax restructuring charge of between $6 million and $8 million in the fourth quarter.
ABOUT THE COMPANY: WebMD provides health and benefits information to consumers, employers, doctors and health plans. Its websites include WebMD Health, MedicineNet, RxList and theheart.org.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 13061Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11652Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5853Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5268Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4352Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4093Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law