Sun Devils ready to bounce back from losses
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) — Arizona State opened the 2011 season with five wins in six games, then fell apart after being routed by Oregon, losing its final five games.
This season, the Sun Devils again started 5-1, got run over the by the Ducks and followed with a loss to UCLA last week.
So is another flailing finish on the way?
Sun Devils coach Todd Graham doesn't think so.
The knock on last year's team was its lack of discipline and penchant for withering when things got tough. The Sun Devils bounced back from their loss to Oregon last season with a win over struggling Colorado, but lost by one the next week against UCLA and faded down the stretch.
When Graham took over from Dennis Erickson, he promised to instill a level of discipline that had been missing in previous years.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort