Sunday, November 4, 2012
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Republican U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann characterized herself as a bipartisan problem solver, while her Democratic challenger Jim Graves touted his private sector experience Sunday when the two candidates met for their third and final debate.
Minnesota Public Radio News reported (http://bit.ly/SKmy2I) that Graves got the debate started, arguing his experience makes him a good fit for the conservative 6th District.
"I'm really a fiscal conservative to the bone," he said. "I've balanced budgets my whole life, I've created businesses my whole life."
Bachmann said she helped get Congress to approve a new bridge over the St. Croix River.
"Well, what I've done is something absolutely remarkable this last term," she said. "I've brought Democrats and Republicans together and solved a problem."
NORTH BRANCH, Minn. (AP) — North Branch police are asking for the public's help after someone intentionally set fire to the North Branch Veterinary Hospital.
Police say five dogs and a cat were rescued without injury after fire officials were called to the fire at 3:30 a.m. Sunday.
Fire officials from North Branch, Harris, Rush City and Stacy worked to put out the blaze.
The state fire marshal confirmed this is a case of arson.
Authorities are offering an award of up to $2,500 for information leading to an arrest in the case.
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — After being ignored for months, Minnesota is finally getting some attention in the presidential race.
Republican vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan was greeted by an enthusiastic crowd of thousands Sunday at a rally in a Minneapolis airplane hangar, where he stopped as part of a campaign swing that would take him through Ohio and Colorado.
Former President Bill Clinton also planned to speak in St. Cloud later Sunday evening for President Barack Obama's campaign. It's Clinton's second pass through Minnesota in the past week.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad