Suns Race Past Seattle 110-98
NewsOK Related Articles
Jeff Green led Seattle with 19 points, and Durant and Luke Ridnour both scored 16. Those efforts couldn't keep Seattle from losing for the 13th time in its last 14 games.
At least this one wasn't embarrassing.
After giving up an NBA high 168 points to Denver in a 52-point loss to the Nuggets on Sunday night, the Sonics put up a fight in this one, bouncing back from an early 14-point deficit to take the lead in the third quarter.
With Nash, Bell and Barbosa showing no weariness after playing a night earlier in Portland, the Suns hit 11 of 13 3-pointers in the first half and 15 of 21 for the game.
But it was Stoudemire imposing himself down low in the fourth quarter that finally broke Seattle. Stoudemire scored 11 of his 26 in the final quarter.
Notes:@ Seattle reserve swingman Mickael Gelabale will have his sprained right knee re-examined on Thursday, but coach P.J. Carlesimo doesn't expect Gelabale to travel for two games this weekend. ... Phoenix swept the season series for the first time since the 1998-99 season. ... The Suns previous high for turnovers was 25 against Houston.
© 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our .
See our commenting and posting policy.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in