Suns Race Past Seattle 110-98
NewsOK Related Articles
Jeff Green led Seattle with 19 points, and Durant and Luke Ridnour both scored 16. Those efforts couldn't keep Seattle from losing for the 13th time in its last 14 games.
At least this one wasn't embarrassing.
After giving up an NBA high 168 points to Denver in a 52-point loss to the Nuggets on Sunday night, the Sonics put up a fight in this one, bouncing back from an early 14-point deficit to take the lead in the third quarter.
With Nash, Bell and Barbosa showing no weariness after playing a night earlier in Portland, the Suns hit 11 of 13 3-pointers in the first half and 15 of 21 for the game.
But it was Stoudemire imposing himself down low in the fourth quarter that finally broke Seattle. Stoudemire scored 11 of his 26 in the final quarter.
Notes:@ Seattle reserve swingman Mickael Gelabale will have his sprained right knee re-examined on Thursday, but coach P.J. Carlesimo doesn't expect Gelabale to travel for two games this weekend. ... Phoenix swept the season series for the first time since the 1998-99 season. ... The Suns previous high for turnovers was 25 against Houston.
© 2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our .
See our commenting and posting policy.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 22176Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12149Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10702Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8805Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8651Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8107Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister