Super 30: Dominique Alexander takes one for the team
Tulsa Washington standout will play defensive end this season, despite the fact he has committed to Arkansas as a safety.
No. 12: Dominique Alexander
School: Tulsa Washington
Weight: 195 pounds
Position: Defensive back
Committed to: Arkansas on June 19
This season offers another challenge, with the Hornets moving up from Class 5A to 6A, where they will share a district with four-time defending champ Tulsa Union.
“People would always say that we could run 5A, but we wouldn't do that if we were 6A,” he said. “Now we get the chance to show them that we can play with those guys.
“I love competition, so I'm excited about moving up, because you've got to bring your best every single game.”
Alexander says he has wanted the chance to play at Arkansas since he started attending their games as a freshman.
“It just felt like the place I wanted to be,” he said. “I like the coaches, especially my position coach, Paul Haynes. He's sending people to the (National Football) League, so I really liked that. They have great tradition. It's close enough to home, and I'll have a chance to get a good degree.
“The fans are crazy. When they find out Arkansas wants you, they treat you like royalty. It's just a great feeling down there.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9606Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad