Super 30 No. 11: Millwood's Davion Pierson a big teddy bear
Falcons' two-way tackle still has a nasty streak on Friday nights
“I just need to keep hitting the weight room now,” Pierson said. “I'd like to get below 290, maybe 285. That would be good.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
Super 30 No. 11
Name: Davion Pierson
Weight: 295 pounds
Position: Defensive tackle
Offers: Kansas State, Tulsa
Did you know?: Though his future seems more promising on defense, Pierson could end up being an offensive guard in college. Some programs, such as Missouri, are recruiting him to potentially play either side of the ball. “Some coaches like his footwork on offense,” Millwood assistant coach Kevin Cox said. “They want big, nasty offensive linemen with that defensive mentality, and that's what Davion is.”
And there's no mistaking Pierson's value to the Falcons on both sides of the ball. On a team loaded with Division I recruits, he's the only one on the lines, which lacked size and consistency last season. To help in both of those areas, Millwood needs Pierson on the field.
“Davion did a good job last year, even at 320. He didn't come off the field very much. He would look over at us sometimes, and we'd just pretend we didn't see him,” Cox said with a smile.
“He's one of the key pieces to the machine. If we want to succeed, Davion can't come off the football field.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims