Super Bowl blackout caused by faulty relay equipment, Entergy says
Entergy New Orleans announced Friday (Feb. 8) that it has traced the cause of Sunday's Super Bowl blackout to an electrical relay device.
The utility company said the device "was specifically installed to protect the Mercedes-Benz Superdome equipment in the event of a cable failure between the switchgear and the stadium."
Read the rest of this post on the original site »
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 13567Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 12400Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims