Suspects in slaying at Oklahoma City gas station charged with murder
Joe Lee Jackson Jr., 33, and Richard Jackson, 19, were accused in a gas station shooting that left one man dead and another man wounded were charged Thursday in Oklahoma County District Court with first-degree murder.
Two men accused in a shooting at a gas station that left one man dead and another man wounded were charged Thursday in Oklahoma County District Court with first-degree murder.
Joe Lee Jackson Jr., 33, and Richard Jackson, 19, also were charged with assault and battery with a deadly weapon. Joe Jackson was charged with possession of a firearm after a prior felony conviction, court records show.
The shooting occurred about 3:30 a.m. May 13 at Murphy's Gas Station, Interstate 240 and Santa Fe Avenue.
Police found Aaron Lawayne Hishaw, 29, of Oklahoma City, dead at the scene. Bobby Horne, 22, of Oklahoma City, was wounded and was taken to OU Medical Center, police said.
Joe Jackson and Richard Jackson turned themselves in May 14 at the Oklahoma County jail, where they were interviewed and booked.
Witnesses told detectives Joe Jackson shot both victims while they were standing and when they were on the ground, according to a probable cause affidavit.
Joe Jackson, his nephew Richard Jackson and three women were seen leaving the scene in a silver Volvo, police reported.
Witnesses said Richard Jackson may have had a gun at the scene and used it. Detectives recovered at least three different calibers of shell casings, police said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 81703Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31891Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 29684Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 24698Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8257Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7616Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7442Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday