Sven-Goran Eriksson turns down 1860 Munich job
MUNICH (AP) — Former England and Mexico coach Sven-Goran Eriksson has turned down an offer to join the staff of the German second-division club 1860 Munich.
The team says Eriksson declined the job after considering the offer for some time and after talks in London with Munich managing director Robert Schaefer.
Munich announced three days earlier that it was seeking to hire Eriksson. He was the choice of Munich's Jordanian investor Hasan Ismaik, who had threatened to stop funding the club if Eriksson was not accepted by the management.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister