Swansea beats struggling QPR 4-1 in Premier League
SWANSEA, Wales (AP) — Michu scored two goals as Swansea's Spanish contingent secured a 4-1 win over Queens Park Rangers on Saturday to leave the visitors firmly rooted to the bottom of the Premier League.
Michu slotted in the opener in the eighth minute after QPR goalkeeper Julio Cesar failed to hold on to a shot from Nathan Dyer, and fellow Spaniard Angel Rangel doubled the lead in the 18th.
Substitute Bobby Zamora gave Harry Redknapp's team hope by pulling one back just after the break, but Pablo Hernandez made it 3-1 just two minutes later with a shot from a tight angle. Michu then capped the win with his second in the 67th, leaving QPR six points from safety and still four points behind closest teams Wigan and Aston Villa.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort