Catch up on the buzz: SXSW apps, FB changes and Veronica Mars
SXSW introduces apps as well as music, film
South by Southwest, the annual festival combining music, film and technology into one nine-day event, finished up this weekend down in Austin, Texas. Wired magazine’s live blog, covered SXSW events for the duration of the festival and kept those not in attendance informed. The diversity of people in attendance is described by Mashable’s by-the-numbers look at the demographics of festival attendees, showing that 84 percent are looking for new business opportunities and more than 55 percent hold a bachelor’s degree.
But in addition to the films and music on display at the festival, tech companies also had something to share with the crowds. To kick off SXSW Interactive, several new apps were unveiled, most notably an app for those who love to hate. Hater, an app that allows users to share things they “dislike” with friends, was among the apps launched last weekend at the festival.
More changes in store for Facebook users
Facebook has had a busy few weeks. Founder Mark Zuckerberg made a revealing announcement on the company’s intention to make the Facebook News Feed “the world’s best personalized newspaper” and this week Facebook made the announcement that the site will be making the move to incorporate the hashtag, the search function that has always been central to Twitter.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101883Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13737Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10731Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9553OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8470Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7788How to help tornado victims
- 7217Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7121Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 6843Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 5845Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients