Taking a look at the Chicago White Sox system
Chicago White Sox
Earlier this year, Baseball America ranked the White Sox No. 23 in organizational talent. A look at a few of the top prospects in the White Sox system:
NewsOK Related Articles
Top White Sox prospects
Name, Position, Current team
Jordan Danks, OF, Charlotte
The former Texas Longhorn has struggled in his first Triple-A season, and strikeouts are a big reason why. He's struck out 127 times in 381 at bats heading into Wednesday's games.
Tyler Flowers, C, Triple-A Charlotte
Flowers hasn't hit for average for the Knights this year (.226), but the power is evident. He's hit 16 home runs and driven in 52, with a .788 OPS.
Jared Mitchell, OF, Class-A Kannapolis (2009)
Mitchell has missed all of this season after undergoing surgery for a torn tendon in his left ankle that occurred in spring training.
Brent Morel, 3B, Charlotte
Part of a strong 2008 White Sox draft, the 23-year-old has remained strong since his promotion to Triple-A on June 1. Morel is hitting .315 and cutting down on his strikeouts.
Trayce Thompson, OF, Kannapolis
Just 19, the White Sox second round pick a year ago has struggled with the Intimidators, hitting just .236. But the son of former NBA No. 1 pick Mychal Thompson has plenty up upside.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 18669Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9301Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7759Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6777UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6498Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6417Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed