Taxing people unequally not fair
I confess that I don't understand the arguments about the “fiscal cliff” dilemma. Nor do I understand why there is a cliff. I've always believed that America is a free country that treats everyone equally and that all of us should pay our fair share to help keep America running so well. But our tax situation doesn't seem fair if it taxes people unequally.
NewsOK Related Articles
Why should wealthy people pay a higher rate of taxes than me? Why should poor people pay a lesser rate of taxes than me? We all live in America. Perhaps if the playing field were level, we wouldn't have to worry about a “cliff.”
Bob Kellogg, Edmond
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say