TCU becoming a player in Oklahoma and Texas recruiting wars
Standouts like Del City's Jamelle Naff and Millwood's Davion Pierson drawn by Horned Frogs' impressive 2010 season.
Jamelle Naff received the phone call that changed his life on break at Burger King.
He was working his part-time, fast-food job last summer when an assistant coach from TCU called. A call from a recruiter was nothing new for the Del City High offensive lineman, who was being pursued by several teams.
NewsOK Related Articles
But this call was different — the coach offered a scholarship.
“I was surprised,” Naff said. “Shocked.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10959Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10925Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9866Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9099Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5228Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4380Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3947OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M