• Boogie Board LCD Writing Tablet With Stylus. This tablet is popular at Copelin's Office Center in Norman, although because of shipping problems they have been in short supply in recent weeks, said owner Lin Copelin. It's like an electronic scratch pad for notes that comes in two sizes, an 8.5-inch and 10.5-inch writing surface (measured diagonally), and starts around $30-$40 for the basic unit.
• WEARCOM Touchscreen Gloves. If you've ever had to remove your gloves to dial your touch-screen phone on a chilly night, then you understand why these $19.50 gloves came to be. These gloves are made with a synthetic/cotton blend and have “conductive fingertips” that allow users to swipe and pinch a touch-screen through the gloves. They are available from the company's website at alphynind.com
• Sphero Robotic Ball. This ball from Orbotix, featured recently in The Oklahoman and online at NewsOK.com, is an innovative ball controlled by an iOS or Android device, like your iPhone or another smartphone. More than 20 applications are available to control it, drive it, play games with it, etc., depending on your system, and developers are releasing more regularly. It's $129 from major retailers and at the website, www.gosphero.com.
• Out of Print eBook Jacket. Dress up your iPad, Kindle Fire or Nexus 7 to make it look like a hardcover book. Each protective cover looks like a bookbinder from a classic novel, including “A Clockwork Orange,” “Moby Dick,” “The Great Gatsby” and “Lolita,” among others. Find them for $45 to $50, depending on device you want to cover, on the website at www.outofprintclothing.com.
• Jawbone UP wristband. This wristband, designed to be worn 24 hours a day, including in the shower and when you sleep, helps you track your activity, sleep, mood, daily patterns and even your eating habits. You can then review your activity online or on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad (Android capability coming later), and the app analyzes your data and gives you personalized insights. It was originally released last year, but pulled from the market for a few months for major retooling and testing. It is now back on the market. Available for about $130 from AT&T, Apple and Best Buy retailers and at the website, www.jawbone.com.
White House Program Cuts Up to $1k off Monthly Payments! (3.05% APR)