Teen on trial for murder admits shaking baby sister
Attorney for Crystian Rivera accuses detective of lying to elicit confession from boy charged with murder in death of 9-month-old Linda Beletzuy on Aug. 19, 2011
Videoview all videos
Nov 8Crystian Rivera, 14, is convicted of first-degree murder...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The doctor who treated the girl testified Wednesday that her injuries — a fractured skull, swelling of the brain and bleeding around the brain — were the result of “abusive head trauma.”
Rivera's attorneys contend the girl was injured when she fell off a bed and hit her head in the family's northwest Oklahoma City apartment.
Rivera, the video showed, repeatedly denied harming the girl. He told the detective he spent most of the day playing a video game online while the girl sat by his side or played on the floor.
“I don't want your sister to lose her life because we're sitting here going around and round,” Davis tells the boy in the video shown in court.
Defense attorney Michael Johnson took exception to Davis' interviewing techniques, saying he lied to get a confession by telling Rivera doctors needed to know how the girl was hurt her in order to keep her alive.
When Johnson asked Davis if police officers are allowed to lie during interviews, he answered in the affirmative.
“I did that (to get him) to feel emotion for baby Linda,” Davis said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes