Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Andrew Oliver"There will be a second round to all of this,” Johnson said. "This is just one battle in the war.” Oliver, a first-team All-Big 12 selection, was suspended May 31, hours before he was scheduled to start against Wichita State in the Stillwater NCAA Regional, for involvement with agents. Kevin Klintworth, Oklahoma State's associate athletic director for media relations, said the school will withhold comment pending final resolution. The situation began when Oliver took on Robert and Tim Baratta, attorneys in New York and New Jersey, as his advisers after he was picked in the 17th round of the 2006 amateur draft after his senior year at Vermilion High School in Ohio. Advisers are allowed by the NCAA to help players decide whether they want to turn pro or go to college. They are not allowed to act as agents. During Oliver's sophomore year at OSU, he replaced the Barattas with Scott Boras, one of the most powerful and well-known agents in baseball. After the replacement, the Barattas sent the NCAA a letter alleging Oliver had committed violations.
Temporary restraining order reinstates OSU ace Andrew Oliver
Oklahoma State pitcher Andrew Oliver has been temporarily reinstated by a judge in Ohio.Oliver, who will report to classes at OSU on Monday, was granted a temporary restraining order, which Oliver's attorney, Rick Johnson of Cleveland, will try to make permanent at a preliminary injunction hearing on Sept. 9.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 24367Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12839Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7010OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5994OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5476Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5061Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3886Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater