Ten Fabulous Uses for a Garage
Small business for your crafts: I’ve known more than one person who turned their garage into a hair salon, a store where they sold their own crafts (one woman made unique, highly detailed clay fairies), a place to sell produce you grow, etc. Not only will you need permits for this type of endeavor, you will likely need to appear before a local board, such as selectmen, to gain approval. You may also need to get written approval from neighbors that live within a certain proximity. Parking and signage are often issues.
No den or basement? You can repurpose your garage as a “man-cave,” or “mom cave.” Everyone needs to get away sometimes, where they can close the door and decompress. A “cave” can be designed to have what comforts you – which would be very individual choices. Keep in mind if you are planning to put a great sound system or television in your made-over garage, also make sure you have a good security system.
Yoga studio or dance space: A clean space with appropriate flooring, mats, bars, and a sound system. You might need to hire a flooring contractor to install proper flooring for these activities.
Greenhouse or potting studio: You will likely need to work with putting in more windows, grow lights, and work stations for tools, soil, and plant material.
Office space: Again, make sure you also have good security, but your garage could be made over to support a business, a writing career, or the student(s) in your home.
Have you converted your garage into something fabulous? Tell us how you did it!View original post.
See our commenting and posting policy.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in