Ten questions about Big 12 football: Who's Texas' quarterback? Is Tommy Tuberville feeling the pressure?
Big 12 Media Days begin Monday in Dallas. In honor of the true number of Big 12 teams, here are 10 questions we'll try to answer from the two-day football festival.
DALLAS — We're still 40 days and 40 nights from the Sept. 1 season openers, and neither Sooners nor Cowboys report until next week.
But football season has arrived. Big 12 Media Days start Monday at the Westin Galleria. In honor of the true number of Big 12 teams, here are 10 questions we'll try to answer from the two-day football festival:
Videoview all videos
Jul 23Berry Tramel talks with OU head coach Bob Stoops about...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
1. Is David Ash the Texas quarterback? The ‘Horns had shaky quarterbacking in 2010. But at least the ‘Horns that season knew Garrett Gilbert was their man. Last season, the job bounced between Ash and Case McCoy.
2. Does Tommy Tuberville feel pressure at Texas Tech? The Red Raiders are 13-12 the last two years, 5-12 in the league. Tech doesn't have ridiculous standards, but the Raiders have fallen far fast since the Mike Leach days.
3. How do Wes Lunt's OSU teammates feel about their true freshman quarterback? Mike Gundy emphasized naming a leader after spring practice. Then he appointed an 18-year-old as that leader. How has that gone?
4. Will Iowa State coach Paul Rhoads keep his beard? He grows a mean beard every offseason that would make James Harden proud but always shaves it off for football season. Maybe Harden has inspired him.
5. What is Charlie Weis like? Kansas football is interesting only because of the coach it hired. Weis certainly makes for interesting reading. Maybe he makes for interesting talking.
6. What is Geno Smith like? Think about it. The West Virginia quarterback has quite the reputation — picked ahead of Landry Jones and Collin Klein on the preseason all-Big 12 team — and already quite the career, but we know very little about the Big 12's newest star.