5. Make a DIY wet mop head: It's time to hack your Swiffer-style mop. Cut up T-shirts make perfect cleaning pads that are gentle on wood floors, and therefore are the friend of flooring contractors from Baltimore to Anchorage.
6. Cold beanbag face mask: It's always handy to have a cold pack or two in the freezer for the times when you are so incapacitated that you walk into the front door. All it takes is an ld T-shirt, some beans, and a sewing machine. Oh, and a freezer.
7. Pack boxes with old T-shirts: Old T-shirts make excellent padding for breakable items. Place old T-shirts between plates when packing up the kitchen to move. In the same vein, use them as packing material when shipping something fragile.
8. Fabric flowers: If you have time to make fake flowers out of old T-shirts, you are a rare and special person.
9. Make a really cool braided scarf: You'll never buy another scarf from that trendy store that everyone loves to hate when you can make your own scarf out of old T-shirts.
10. Handkerchief: Honestly, this is gross, but old T-shirts are the best for blowing one's nose on.
Chaya Kurtz writes for Networx.com.View original post.