Tennessee, Kentucky earn top seeds in SEC bracket
DULUTH, Ga. (AP) — Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia and Texas A&M are the top four seeds in the Southeastern Conference women's tournament which begins Wednesday night.
Each of the top four seeds — all ranked in the top 13 — has byes until Friday's quarterfinals. No. 10 Kentucky earned the No. 2 seed by beating No. 8 Tennessee 78-65 on Sunday.
The No. 12 seed, Mississippi State, plays No. 13 seed Alabama in Wednesday night's opening game. The winner plays No. 5 seed South Carolina on Thursday. In other games Thursday, Arkansas plays Florida, Missouri plays Vanderbilt and Auburn plays LSU.
The championship game is set for Sunday night.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 79875Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16375OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12357Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12103Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12064Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 10249Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9002How to help tornado victims