Tennessee-Martin edges Southeast Missouri 27-17
CAPE GIRARDEAU, Mo. (AP) — Derek Carr threw a touchdown pass and ran for another Saturday as Tennessee-Martin defeated Southeast Missouri 27-17.
Tevin Barksdale ran for 107 yards in 11 carries for the Skyhawks (6-2, 4-1 Ohio Valley). Jason McNair's 3-yard touchdown with 1:25 left to give Tennessee-Martin a 10-point lead, and the Skyhawks held on by getting three turnovers in the fourth quarter, two interceptions and a fumble.
Tennessee-Martin also benefited from a turnover late in the first half. After Carr's 3-yard scoring pass to Quentin Sims with 22 seconds left gave the Skyhawks a 14-10 lead, the Redhawks fumbled the kickoff and UTM recovered at the 25. Two passes to Sims set up Cody Sandlin's 32-yard field goal that made it 17-10 at halftime.
Scott Lathrop had a touchdown pass and ran for a score for Southeast Missouri (2-5, 1-3). Levi Terrell carried 22 times for 136 yards for the Redhawks.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments