Tennessee Titans player cited in Ga. DUI, crash
LINCOLNTON, Ga. (AP) — Authorities say a Tennessee Titans tight end has been arrested in a roll-over drunken driving crash in eastern Georgia.
A Lincoln County Sheriff's report says 23-year-old Brandon Barden lost control of a truck carrying two other passengers on Feb. 23 and crashed into a ditch in Lincolnton — about 35 miles northwest of Augusta. The report says the truck flipped and landed on its side.
Deputies say they spoke with Barden after the accident and smelled a strong odor of alcohol. They said Barden refused to do a sobriety test and was taken to the sheriff's office, where he again refused to take a sobriety test.
Barden lives in Lincolnton and played for Vanderbilt University. He was drafted in 2012.
He was charged with DUI and failure to maintain lane.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say