Tennis player quits sport because of depression, cyberbullying
Vancouver tennis player Rebecca Marino announced earlier this week that she’s taking “a step away from tennis.”
Marino also revealed that she has suffered from years of depression and cyberbullying, including Twitter messages from people who lost money after betting on her matches.
“You know there’s that saying ‘Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me.’ But that’s not true. Names definitely hurt. Words hurt,” she told The New York Times in an interview.
Read the rest of this post on the original site »
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 87104Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16817OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12528Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9682Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8846Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation