Tense calm in Congo border region with Uganda after clashes
KAMPALA, Uganda — The situation in the border area between the Democratic Republic of Congo and Uganda was reported as calm on Saturday, after clashes between a rebel group and the Congolese army previously killed a UN peacekeeper.
The M23 rebel group, led by renegade general Bosco Ntaganda — wanted by the International Criminal Court for war crimes — has consolidated its control of the border town of Bunagana, but...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims