“The American Bible Challenge” recently provided a few sample questions that readers may use to test their general knowledge of the Bible. I thought it would be a fun way to take the Bible challenge, so to speak, especially in light of the upcoming episode featuring the Wagner brothers of Owasso. The brothers, who are competing as the “Wagner Warriers,” have each memorized more than 10 books of the Bible. I don’t know how many other people have done this, but I think it’s pretty impressive.
Here are the questions provided by the game show:
1. Who was king when Jesus was born?
2. God created man in his own …
3. How many books does the Bible contain?
4. Mark 9:23: If you can believe, all things are:
1. For sale
5. Psalms 46:10: Be still and know that I am
OK, now try these questions that I came up with:
6. Who wrote the Book of Revelation?
7. Who did the Lord send to aid Saul of Tarsus in Damascus?
8. What was the name of the queen the king of Persia banished before he found Esther and made her his queen?
9. What was the name of the container used to measure the manna from heaven that the Lord provided Moses and the Israelites in the wilderness and about how much could it contain?
10. A verse in the Book of Proverbs says wisdom is more profitable and more precious than
1. investments, gold
2. silver, rubies
3. land, family
I’ll post the answers before the end of the business day Thursday.