Texans' Quin makes smooth transition to safety
HOUSTON (AP) — Houston Texans safety Glover Quin hardly thinks about it. He also never wants to completely forget it.
Two years ago in Jacksonville, Quin tried to knock down a 50-yard desperation heave from David Garrard and ended up giving up the winning score.
Before the final play, Quin had led the Texans with 13 solo tackles, including one for a loss. The score was 24-all with 3 seconds left, and Jacksonville had the ball at midfield. Garrard heaved the ball toward the end zone, and Quin smacked the ball volleyball-style and into the waiting arms of Mike Thomas, who slipped into the end zone for the deciding TD.
The Texans (1-0) return to Jacksonville (0-1) for a game this weekend against a division foe.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister