Texas A&M bounces OU women from Big 12 Tournament
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 16 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
"I think we're in a great spot," Robinson said. "We have enough confidence and enough leadership to get us to where we want to go. Even though we came up short here in Kansas City, we're about to start with a clean slate."
In Friday's loss, the Aggies (27-4) never trailed in the second half, even though their star center, Danielle Adams, was held in check with 16 points. She only had three points in the second half.
Texas A&M seized control with an 11-0 run midway through the second half when Adams was sitting on the bench with three fouls.
OU trailed by as many as 16 points. The Sooners closed to within 75-68 but would never get closer.
"The big thing is the NCAA Tournament is a new season," said OU senior Carlee Roethlisberger. "Now it's do or die. That can change people's mindsets. We can't afford to win one, lose one."
OU (21-11) has its most losses heading into the NCAA Tournament since 2005, which was the last time the Sooners were eliminated in the first round.
"Every time we've lost we've come back and learned something new," Roethlisberger said. "We've had a lot of opportunities to learn this season.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes