Texas girl dies in SUV accident
GUTHRIE — A 7-year-old girl died after being thrown from a sport utility vehicle she was riding in, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported. Cheyanne Rhodes, of Fort Worth, Texas, died at the scene of the crash in the snow-covered southbound lanes of Interstate 35 south of Guthrie, the patrol said. The driver of the vehicle, Cenece Rhodes, 34, also of Fort Worth, was distracted by a cell phone and the SUV left the road before he overcorrected and rolled the vehicle onto its passenger side about 11:50 a.m., according to a patrol report. Cenece Rhodes, his wife and their three other children in the vehicle were not injured. Everyone but Cheyanne was wearing a seat belt.FROM STAFF REPORTS
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13135OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7091Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6692Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6620Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5959Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5205Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5081Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers