Texas-Kansas football preview capsule
Texas (5-2, 2-2 Big 12) at Kansas (1-6, 0-4), 11:05 a.m. CT Saturday (FSN)
Line: Texas by 21
Series record: Texas leads 9-2
WHAT'S AT STAKE
Texas is still trying to stabilize its season after following back-to-back losses with a wild win over Baylor last week. A victory would make the Longhorns bowl eligible. That always seemed a given until the 5-7 disaster of 2010. Kansas is looking for any bright spot in another dismal season under first-year coach Charlie Weis.
Kansas RB James Sims against Texas LB Steve Edmond. Sims is about the only bright spot for Kansas with 446 rushing yards and consecutive 100-yard games since returning from a three-game suspension. Edmond is at the middle of a run defense that can't seem to stop anybody. The Longhorns give up 215 yards per game on the ground.
PLAYERS TO WATCH
Texas RB Joe Bergeron has been a touchdown machine of late, scoring four times against West Virginia and five against Baylor. Of course, those came against two of the worst defenses in the country. He has 14 touchdowns, tied for the Big 12 lead with Kansas State QB Collin Klein.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 83533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16617OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12334Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11110Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9568Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8849How to help tornado victims