Three die in wrecks on state roads
Authorities report the deaths of three people on Oklahoma roads
On Sunday, authorities reported the deaths of three people on Oklahoma roads.
Brian Joe Cummings, 34, Arkansas City, Kan.
About 4:40 p.m., Sunday, Cummings was driving south on U.S. 77 in Kay County when the vehicle crossed the centerline and crashed into two northbound vehicles, troopers said. Cummings was taken to a hospital where he died.
A passenger in one of the vehicles was hospitalized in serious condition, but the drivers of the two vehicles that were struck were treated and released, the patrol said.
Cummings was not wearing a seat belt, troopers said.
Bobby Clyde Lambert, 58, Powderly, Texas
Lambert died Saturday evening in a one-vehicle crash on a wet road in McCurtain County, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.
About 6:30 p.m., Bobby Clyde Lambert, 58, of Powderly, Texas, was driving west on rain-slicked U.S. 70 just east of Millerton. The sport utility vehicle left the road and rolled over several times, troopers said.
Lambert died at the scene. He was not wearing a seat belt, troopers said.
Ashley D. Smoot, 34, Oklahoma City
Oklahoma City police Sunday identified Smoot as the woman who died Saturday afternoon in a downtown car crash.
A witness told officers that Smoot was headed south on S Lincoln Boulevard when she did not stop at the red light at E Sheridan Avenue and collided with a vehicle, police Lt. Gamille Hardin said.
Smoot suffered fatal injuries in the crash, Hardin said.
The condition of the other driver was not known, she said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments